Job Posting: Harm Reduction Peer Navigator (0.25) Internal/External Posting
The Harm Reduction Worker Peer Navigator position is a new position that reaches out to people who use drugs to increase knowledge and awareness of harm reduction practices and to navigate access to community services.
Based in Hamilton and reporting directly to the Director of Programs and Services at The AIDS Network, the Harm Reduction Peer Navigator is a part time front line positon that works with people who use drugs to develop strategies to maintain or improve health promotion needs. The Peer Navigator works with service providers to help navigate health and wellness systems, advocate for priority population needs, and provide information and education.
This is a part-time position (12 hours per week).
• Work together with other staff to provide education and information to the larger community and do outreach to people who use drugs.
• Ensure ongoing support to service users by maintaining regular contact.
• Help service users develop strategies to maintain or improve their overall health.
• Make appropriate referrals.
• Attend appointments with service users when requested.
• Maintain confidential and accurate files.
• Comply with agency policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Skills
• An individual with strong self-management skills.
• Solution focused problem-solving skills.
• The ability to set firm boundaries.
• Clear communication skills.
• The ability to set aside your own judgments.
• Ability to draw on your own lived experiences to help others.
• Ability to work independently but ask for help when needed.
• Active self-care practices to manage stress.
• Comfortable talking to service providers, including health care professionals.
• Understanding and accepting of harm reduction model.
• Comfortable working around people who are active in their drug and/or alcohol use.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward your letter of interest or electronic resume and covering letter by email no later than 9:00 am on Friday, July 20th email@example.com
Surface mail or in-person addressed to: The AIDS Network Attention: Recruitment 140 King Street East Suite 101 Hamilton, ON L8N 1B2
The AIDS Network values inclusion and diversity and promotes access and equity using an anti racism, anti oppression framework. Persons living with HIV are encouraged to apply.