- In 2014, the estimated new infection rate among people from African, Caribbean, and Black communities was 6 times higher than other Canadians.
- 1 in 7 people living with HIV in Canada are African, Caribbean or Black.
The African-Caribbean-Black Outreach Program aims to create and enhance a community based response to HIV while being culturally relevant to all African, Caribbean and Black people in our region.
- Culturally specific training workshops on HIV and social determinants of health
- Culturally Safer sex kits, resources and newsletters
- Culturally specific community forums
- Health promotion and appropriate external support
- Care and support for people living with HIV/AIDS and their families
- Behavioral changes to reduce risk of transmission
- Monthly support community kitchens.
The African, Caribbean and Black Community Outreach Program is a member of African and Caribbean Council on HIV/AIDS in Ontario (ACCHO) www.accho.ca
For more information please contact:
African Caribbean Community Outreach Worker
The AIDS Network
ph: 905-528-0854, ext 230